Disclosure of information to a third party
The disclosure of personal details
Some transactions for Tompkins Hosting require the individuals’ details and information to be shared by the website. The information may be shared when transferring sales of assets, or any other item worth a large amount of money. But keep in mind that the website ensures notify the individuals about the transfer. So, the members have to give consent before the site allows any form of transactions.
Management of individual data
There is no limit to the time the website will keep your data on their systems. Why? The website saves the personal information so they can access it anytime they need to carry out a transaction.
What you need to know about data protection
- They make sure to draft a contract consisting of terms and conditions that their members need to adhere to. The terms and conditions involve both the individual and the website.
- They always consult their members when using their data to carry out any form of transaction.
- They also require the details when carrying out transactions for recording purposes
- They also save the information to comply with the law regarding the online transactions.
What are individuals rights regarding their shared personal information?
- Do you want to make some changes to the saved data? Well, you have the right to log in and make any changes. You also have the right to delete the information shared on the website.
- You have the right to have all shared information verified on the website
- The website may restrict you from carrying out any form of transaction that does not follow the terms and conditions outlined
- There is the right to withdraw any consent.
Other service provider
The website does not directly collect any form of payment from their members. They work with other money processing websites to receive the payment on their behalf. The third party money processing companies work under the PIC-DSS guide.